Thursday, October 18, 2007

Universal Suffrage

"I know that sometimes a Palestinian state living side by side in peace with Israel must seem like a very distant dream. But I know too, as a student of international history, that there are so many things that once seemed impossible that, after they happened, simply seemed inevitable. I’ve read over the last summer the biographies of America’s Founding Fathers. By all rights, America, the United States of America, should never have come into being."
--Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, 11OCT06

And my corollary:

"I know that sometimes the thought of losing things we take for granted must seem like a very distant dream. But I know too, as a student of international history, that there are so many things that once seemed impossible that, after they happened, simply seemed inevitable. I’ve read over the last summer the thought processes of those who hold positions of leadership in modern day America. By all rights, America, the United States of America, is facing historic times."
--Bill

No comments: